Meys Alsafar: Educational consultant
Meys is Little Seed Early Learning Centre co-founder and Educational consultant. Meys’s background is in science as well as in teaching. After working for years in the field of medical science. She realised that her passion is with small children and their overall wellbeing. Therefore, she studied Early Childhood Education at the University of Auckland to become a childcare teacher and she then went on to spend many years teaching and managing early childhood education settings.
“My perspective emerges from the combination of my two diverse backgrounds in science and education. This diversity helped me design and implement a special educational program for the children and families of Little seed early learning centre. From very different experiences, and for many different reasons, I realised that my purpose in life is to support the wellbeing of our children, their future and the importance of raising public awareness about current environmental issues that have an impact on the future of our children and our community.”
“I am 100% committed and dedicated to supporting the team and the families of Little Seed Early Learning centre. I believe that together, we can plant seeds of love, care, compassion, and respect in each child attending our childcare … welcome to the family of Little Seed childcare centre”
Jo Williams: Team Leader
“I believe putting the children’s needs first at all times is priority. This could be from just listening to their conversations and ideas, or helping them solve their problems or worries. I believe that all children need to have free choice of activities daily, in what they would like to learn, or activities they enjoy. One of my techniques I use for teaching is co-constructing learning, both teacher and child. We all learn from each other, I believe forming the concept of AKO, is a valuable way of teaching”
Children, like seeds, are small but rich with possibility. Sow with care and reap healthy young people with enormous ability
Our guiding document is Te Whariki, the New Zealand Ministry of Education approved Early Childhood Curriculum. Within the structure of Te Whariki we encourage children to learn through their play, adventures, interactions and exploration. Our childcare’s daily program focuses on building social and emotional skills through play-based activities, physical development through movement and exercise, and creativity by incorporating the arts and music. We value each child as a unique and special person whose choices help to guide the course of our daily programme. We provide daily educational experiences through free and guided play.
Our learning program is play-based. We believe this can help with fostering independence, building your child’s character and individuality while maintaining consistent expectations and boundaries.
Our daycare curriculum priorities are:
We believe in the importance of empowering our students and their families by supporting them to participate in meaningful life experiences that celebrate children’s achievements, value their individuality, their interests and the knowledge they bring with them.
We strive to develop children’s well-being by adopting a holistic teaching approach and by focusing on nurturing the emotional, physical, mental and social nature of every child at Little Seed Early Learning Centre.
Our Indoor Area – Peaceful, Creative, Natural & Homely
We believe that the learning environment should have both a direct and indirect influence on children’s learning, including their engagement in what is being taught by our educators, their motivation to learn, their sense of belonging, wellbeing, empowerment, and personal safety. Therefore, we have gone the extra mile to ensure that our daycare’s learning environment is filled with sunlight and decorated with stimulating educational materials along with homely features to help our children feel more comfortable, cared for and safe. Using light, patterns, texture and colour a natural and homely environment is created to help our children feel valued as individuals, and to increase their ability to play and learn in natural ecosystems.
Our Outdoor Area – Natural, Edible, Dynamic & Sustainable
Our outdoor space includes access to a range of different natural features such as sand, soil, grass, and a variety of different edible plants and trees. We believe in the importance of having an interesting and dynamic outdoor play space with natural features to help stimulate and facilitate variety for children’s learning. Our natural outdoor area allows our children to explore and experience the natural environment. It supports our children to grow physically, emotionally and socially while learning about sustainability and interdependence with the environment, and how to care for the land.
Fees and Enrolments
Our childcare centre in Pakuranga is open from 7:30AM to 5:30PM Monday to Friday
- Short Days (7 hours/day): 8:30AM to 3:30PM or 9:00AM to 4:00PM
- Long Days (up to 10 hours/day): 7:30AM to 5:30PM
5 months to 3 years of age
3 Years and 4 years olds using 20 hours ECE
The following Fees Policy will form part of your Enrolment and Agreement Form.
- All Fees are GST inclusive.
- Fees are to be paid by AP one week in advance to the nominated Little Seed bank account.
- Enrolments must be for a minimum of 2 days per week per child. We do not offer half days.
- Full fees are payable for all holidays, statutory holidays, sickness and absences.
- Little Seed childcare in Pakuranga will be closed over Christmas for 2 weeks, and one extra day in August. That is a total of 7 working days per year. No fees will be paid over this time.
- We offer families with 2 or more children a 10% discount if attending 2 or more days per week.
What your fees include
- All food and drink for all ages (does not include formula). You will need to provide your child’s formula.
- Sleeping linen and laundry services. Please let us know if your child is allergic to any laundry products.
- Cloth nappies are provided.
- A booking fee of $20 (non-refundable) is charged per child when enrolling or going on the waiting list.
- If you wish to change the days of attendance you will need to give us appropriate notice to ensure that those days are available.
- Terminating your child’s enrolment at our daycare in Pakuranga requires two weeks notice in writing. If such notice is not given then you are required to pay fees for those two weeks.
Payments of fees
- All fees are to be paid on Fridays one week in advance at all times. This is necessary for us to maintain a high standard of care for your child.
- Where fees are unpaid for more than two weeks, we cannot guarantee a place for your child at our childcare in Pakuranga unless an alternative arrangement has been made to pay off arrears.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the daycare centre manager as soon as possible if you cannot meet your obligations under this fees policy. We are more than happy to discuss your situation.
- Our child care centre in Pakuranga reserves the right to use debt collection services to recover fees and cost of recovery should this be necessary.
- Fees are reviewed every 1-2 years in order to keep up with inflation and the changing costs of running the centre.
- Where a child is absent for more than 3 weeks, they may be withdrawn from our register. Please notify the centre manager in advance if you are going to be away for more than a few weeks at a time.
- Fees are required to be paid in full for all absences, including absences longer than 3 weeks in order to hold your child’s place. This includes sickness.
- Children that are sick should not be brought to the centre and parents are required to notify the centre if the child is not attending due to sickness.
- If your child is sick while at the centre you will be asked to come and collect him/her.
20 hours ECE
- The “20 hours ECE” scheme offers a saving for all parents of 3, 4 and 5 year old children.
- This means that the cost is fully subsidised for up to 6 hours of attendance per day and up to 20 hours a week.
- For us to fully cover the quality of education and care provided through our short & long day programmes; we charge fees for hours that are not covered by 20 hours ECE.
- If you have any further queries regarding “20 hours ECE” please ask us or visit the Ministry of Education’s 20 hours ECE web page
WINZ Childcare subsidies
Parents may qualify for a WINZ subsidy. To find out more about this go to the childcare subsidy page on the WINZ website.
WINZ may pay all or a portion of your fees. We are happy to give you more information on your entitlements and how to apply for them.
Would you like to work for Little Seed Early Learning Centre…
At Little Seed Early Learning Centre we are always looking for extraordinary teachers to join our industry-leading team that keeps defining the future of Early childhood education in New Zealand and the world.
An inspirational and fun working environment, an innovation-driven, fast-growing organisation, ambitious goals and an incredibly talented team are just a few reasons why you will love it here.
Whether you are qualified or not, or if you are studying and looking to do training hours, please use the form below or contact Little Seed Early Learning Centre to find out if there is any availability.
We might not have a position for you at the time of sending your CV, but we will keep your information on file and contact you when a suitable position comes up.